Google Cast, exclusive for customer devices as Chrome cast built-in, is a proprietary protocol developed by Google that allows mobile devices and personal PC to control playback of Internet-streamed audio/video content on a compatible device, such as a digital media player connected to a high-definition television or home audio system. The protocol was first launched on July 24, 2013, to support Google’s first-generation Chrome cast player. Google Cast receivers can stream content via two methods: the first employs mobile and web apps that support the Google Cast technology; the second allows mirroring of content from the web browser Google Chrome running on a personal computer, as well as content displayed on some Android devices. In both cases, playback is initiated through the “cast” button on the sender device.
Some Common Google Cast Support Issues:-
- Issue with to create a secure network with a Chrome cast device.
- Not able to set up a TV with Chrome cast built-in.
- Not able to change the volume of an audio group.
- Not able to play music with chrome cast built in speaker.
- Issue to Cast Android screen from the Google Home app.
- Won’t see notifications when casting YouTube or YouTube Music content from your phone.
- Issue to create an audio group.
- Not able to connect tablet, phones, TV and speaker with Google Cast.
- Not able to prevent others from casting to my device with chrome cast built-in.
- Trouble with setting up a TV or speaker with chrome cast built-in.
- Not able to edit or delete audio group.
- Not able to cast video from Chrome cast-enabled apps to your TV.
Google Cast doesn’t have a phone number. Like a growing number of organizations with free web-based services, you have to search for forums and support sites for help. You can get the customer support by call us at our customer service phone number USA …………………..